2012 Sponsor Guidelines
How Adopt-A-Family works:
Donate to the Adopt-A-Family Program
- OR -
Select & Confirm A Family Online www.adoptafamilysac.org
Our families range in size from small to large. You can search by geographic area and the number of children in the family. The estimated cost is $50-100 per person for gifts and food. If your family/group is donating $300, you should choose a family with 5-6 members. Once you Adopt-A-Family through this website, you will immediately receive a confirmation e-mail. The confirmation e-mail will list your adopted family’s Wants & Needs items so you can start shopping!
Go Shopping - Once you have adopted a family, we will mail you their Dear Santa letters. This allows you to know your family a little better. From their Wants & Needs list, you decide what to purchase them for Christmas.
- Suggested Gifts:
- Children’s Gifts:
- 1-2 items from each child’s Wants and Needs list.
- Children’s Gifts:
Maximum 5 gifts per child; You can also include necessities: socks, underwear, etc.
- Family Gifts:
- 1-2 items
- Please purchase and donate new items only.
You do not need to purchase everything listed. The gift limit helps us to ensure that as many families as possible are adopted and that children in adopted families receive similar quantities and quality of gifts.
Wrap & Clearly Mark Presents
- Wrap and label with the family number, child’s gender & age
- Pack all gifts in ONE or TWO large boxes or bags, clearly marked with the family number.
- Large items that don’t fit into the boxes must be clearly marked with a tag including family number. EXAMPLE: bicycle
Meal: Family Christmas Dinner
- Purchase a grocery store gift card at the store mentioned in your family’s profile.
- Secure your grocery store gift card safely inside the family gift or the large box that will hold all of the gifts.
- Gifts – Wed, Dec 12 – Fri, Dec 14
- Time: 9am – 6 pm
- Location – 1300 Ethan Way #175, Sacramento 95825
Early drops are welcome. Please do not disappoint your family by missing the deadline.
Thank you for bringing joy with Adopt-A-Family through the Volunteer Center of Sacramento. Happy Holidays to you and yours!